Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIY Clear Stamp Storage

Last weekend I was just in one of those moods where you want to throw away all your stuff just so your room will be clean.  Tell me I'm not the only one whose felt this way, please!  Anyways I was in the cleaning mood so I was going through a bunch of stuff and really wanted to get organized!  This post and the next few to follow will chronicle my cleaning and organizing adventure!  Hope you enjoy!

So I had this basket.  And it was overflowing, like, a lot.  So as I went through it I decided I needed a better way to store the majority of its contents - clear stamps.  I also wanted to find better storage for these because I never use them because of how inconvenient it is to find the one I want.  So I went to Pinterest, as I often do, for inspiration!  I found a lot of cute ideas but the problem was they all required money... which I didn't really want to spend nor did I have the time to go to the store to buy anything.  So working with what I had at home, this is what I came up with:



Not to toot my own horn but... it. is. awesome!!  Let me know what you think in the comments!  I am seriously in love with this thing and it only cost me $1!  I got several colorful 3-ring binders on clearance for a buck each a while ago, I knew they'd come in handy eventually!  Then I went back to Pinterest and found these adorable (and free!) printable binder covers here.  For the actual storage part I used sheet protectors, which I had on hand from ages ago:


To keep everything in place a used my double-sided tape roller and put a small piece on the back of each package.  This helps keep them all visible yet still easy to remove, use, and return.  I even put the clear blocks in there:


Overall this thing took me about 15 minutes to make and only cost $1, plus it will be super easy to add more to my collection!  I'm always on Pinterest (did I mention Pinterest yet? lol) seeing these amazingly organized people and I'm thinking "I'm not that talented" or "I don't have time for that" or "It's too expensive for all that stuff!" But I am living proof that you don't need time, money, or talent in order to be organized!  Let me know how you like to keep things neat!




Please check out my other posts! :)
You can also check out my Etsy shop: Precious Prep


No comments:

Post a Comment